SUNNAH ACTS & TIPS ON HOW TO SPEND THE JOYOUS DAY OF EIDSUNNAH ACTS ON THE DAY OF EID:
- Wake up early.
- Take a Ghusl (bath) before Eid Salaah
- Brush your teeth. [use Miswaak]
- Dress up, putting on best clothes available.
- Use itr [perfume]
- Eat something sweet before proceeding to the Eid Musallah e.g. Dates etc.
- Pay Zakaat-al-Fitr before Salaatul-Eid (on Eid-al-Fitr).
- Go to Eid Musallah (Eid Gah/prayer ground) early.
- Offer Salaah-al-Eid in congregation in an Eid Musallah[open place] except when whether is not permitting like rain, snow, etc.
- Use different roads en route to the Eid Musallah and back home.
- Recite the following Takbir on the way to Eid Musallah :
Allahu-Akbar, Allahu-Akbar. La ila-ha ill-lallah.Allahu-Akbar, Allahu-Akbar. Wa-lilahill hamd. (Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest. There is no god but Allah. Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest. And all praises are for Allah)
TIPS ON HOW TO SPEND THE DAY OF EID:
- Keep in mind the pleasure of Allah and uphold Shari'ah at ALL times.
- Adorn yourself and your family modestly in the best of garments (not necessarily new).
- Should Eid be made at my mum or your mum or whoever/wherever? This requires Mashurah (mutual consultation). Mashurah is a Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (Sallalaho alaihe wassallam).Try to compromise and accommodate each other.
- Avoid over eating and other festivities that have no benefit.
- Visit the poor, needy, orphans, elderly and sick.
- Maintain and strengthen family bonds- Rasulullah (S.A.W) is reported to have said, "Anyone who wishes to have his means of livelihood enlarged and a prolonged life, should treat his relatives with kindness."
- Don't forget the poor and needy Muslims in all parts of the world in your du'as and charity.
- Be punctual with our acts of worship on this joyous day.