Friday, October 21, 2011

Just one night of Fun

Just one night of Fun
 

 

Mariam was so happy about the house they had found.
For once in her life 'twas on the right side of town.
She unpacked her things with such great ease.
As she watched her new curtains blow in the breeze.
How wonderful it was to have her own room.
School would be starting; she'd have friends over soon.

There'd be sleep-overs, and parties; she was so happy
It's just the way she wanted her life to be.
On the first day of school, everything went great.
She made new friends and even got a date!
She thought, "I want to be popular and I'm going to be,

Because I just got a date with the star of the football team!"
To be known in this school you had to have a clout,
And dating this Joe would sure help her out.
There was only one problem stopping her fate.
Her parents had said she was a Muslim and could not date.

"Well, I just won't tell them the entire truth.
They won't know the difference; what's there to lose?"
Mariam asked to stay with her new girlfriends just a night.
Her parents frowned but eventually said, "All right."
Excited, she got ready for a romantic occassion
Her mind was  over excited awaiting a great sensation.

But as she rushed around like she had no sense,
She began to feel guilty about all the lies,
But what's a pizza, a party, and a moonlight ride?
Well the pizza was good, and the party was great,

But the moonlight ride would have to wait.
For Joe was half drunk by this time.
But he kissed her and said that he was just fine.
Then the room filled with smoked and Joe took a puff.
Mariam couldn't believe he was smoking that stuff.

Now Joe was ready to ride to the point
But only after he'd smoked another joint.
They jumped in the car for the moonlight ride,
Not thinking that he was too drunk to drive.
They finally made it to the point at last,
And Joe started trying to make a pass.
A pass is not what Mariam wanted at all
(And by a pass, I don't mean playing football.)
"Perhaps my parents were right, I'm Muslim and young.

"Boy, how could I ever, ever be so dumb."
Joe now firmly gripped her bum!

Being a Muslim, her Emaan(Faith) began to ignite
With all of her might, she pushed Joe away:
"Please take me home, I don't want to stay."
Joe started the car and moved with a blast.
In a matter of seconds they were going too fast.

As Joe drove on in a fit of wild anger,
Mariam knew that her life was in danger.
She begged and pleaded for him to slow down,
But he just got faster as they neared the town.
"Just let me get home! I'll confess that I lied.
I really went out for a moonlight ride."
Then all of a sudden, she saw a big flash.
"Oh Allah, Please help us! We're going to crash!"
She doesn't remember the force of impact.
Just that everything all of a sudden went black.
She felt someone remove her from the twisted rubble,
And heard, "call an ambulance! These kids are in trouble!"

Voices she heard...a few words at best..its a bad smash
But she knew there were two cars involved in the crash.

Then wondered to herself if Joe was all right,
And if the people in the other car were alive.
She awoke in the hospital to faces so sad.
"You've been in a crash and it looks pretty bad."
These voices echoed inside her head,
As they gently told her that Joe was dead.
They said " Mariam, we've done all we can do.
But it looks as if we'll lose you too."

"But the people in the other car!? " Mariam cried.
"We're sorry, Mariam, they also died."
Mariam prayed, "Allah, forgive me for what I've done
I only wanted to have just
one night of fun."
"Tell those people's family, I've made their lives dim,
And wish I could return their families to them."
"Tell Mom and Dad I'm sorry I lied,
And that it's my fault so many have died.
Oh, nurse, won't you please tell them that for me?"

The nurse just stood there-she never agreed.
But took Mariam's hand with tears in her eyes.
And a few moments later Mariam died.
A man asked the nurse, "Why didn't you do your best
To bid that girl her one last request?"
She looked at the man with eyes so sad.
"Because I've just heard that….

 the people in the other car were her own mom and dad."

This story is sad and unpleasant but in reality so true,
So young people take heed, it could have been you.