Friday, January 22, 2010

Just 5 more minutes

Spend Quality Time With Your Kids

 

Just 5 More Minutes - Motivational story

While at the park one day, a woman sat down next to a lady on a bench near a playground. "That's my son over there," she said, pointing to a little boy in a red sweater who was gliding down the slide.

"He's a fine looking boy," the lady said. "That's my son on the swing in the blue sweater." Then, looking at her watch, she called to his son. "What do you say we go, Sameer?"

Sameer pleaded, "Just five more minutes, Mummy. Please? Just five more minutes." The lady nodded and Sameer continued to swing to his heart's content.

Minutes passed and the mother stood and called again to her son. "Time to go now?" Again Sameer pleaded, "Five more minutes, Mum. Just five more minutes." The lady smiled and said, "O.K."

"My, you certainly are a patient mother," the woman responded.

The lady smiled and then said, "My older son Haitham was killed in a road accident last year while he was riding his bike near here. I never spent as much time with Haitham as I could have, and now I 'd give anything for just five more minutes with him. I've vowed not to make the same mistake with Sameer. He thinks he has five more minutes to swing. The truth is, I get five more minutes to watch him play."

Lets spare some quality time with those who are near dear to us lest a time comes when we wished we had the opportunity but it is no longer there...