"So fear Allah and adjust all matters of difference among you.'' (Quran-8:1)
The Messenger of Allah Muhammad [Peace be upon him] is reported to have said:
" If one gives charity it does not diminish his wealth; if one forgives others, Allah bestows more honour on him; and if one humbles himself for Allah's sake, Allah exalts him higher." (Hadith-Muslim)
Some Handy Tips!!!
- Make dua[pray]- For only Allah can reconcile hearts and differences
- Forgive- He who forgives is forgiven and Allah will elevate his status!
- Act- SMS[text],call, email etc or even better personally approach the person/s and ask them forgiveness.
- Remove Hatred-Don't hold any hatred in your heart-hatred is the cancer of the heart and soul- It Destroys the Hater and Not the hated!
- It's a process-Remember, forgiveness is a process that takes time and patience to complete. You must be ready. Realize that forgiveness is for you - not for anyone else
- Not Condoning- Realize that forgiving does not mean you are condoning the actions of the offender or what they did to you. It does mean that you will blame less and find a way to think differently about what happened to you.
- Refocus-Refocus on the positives in your life. A life well lived is the best revenge. People who find a way to see love, beauty and kindness around them are better able to forgive and get past their grievances.
- There is no such thing as an unforgivable act. So don't let your fear of what you did, or rage about what was done to you, dissuade you from either seeking or granting forgiveness.
- Stay balanced. The number of apologies you seek should be proportional to the number you are willing to offer, because the doing of each nurtures the capacity for the other.
- Know that you are never alone. Allah is always with you!
- Allow love to triumph over logic. There will always be a good reason to keep doing what you are doing or to withhold your forgiveness from someone else. But real issue is whether or not you love them enough to go beyond that logic.
- Keep it simple. Apologize for, or forgive, one thing at a time. There is always more to the story, but this is not the moment to explore it.
- Remember that forgiveness is not always the end of the process, but the beginning of a new level of relationship which may continue to be shaped into something very special
- Celebrate the moment of forgiveness by thanking Allah for giving you the opportunity to remove this burden off your shoulders. Give Sadaqah[charity] as it pleases Allah and removes Allah's anger.