Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Never again will I.....

Never again will I.....

 

I was waiting at the airport one night,
With several long hours before my flight.
I hunted for a book in the airport shop,
Bought a bag of cookies and found a place to drop.

I was engrossed in my book, but happened to see,
A hijab clad lady beside me, as bold as could be,
Grabbed a cookie or two from the bag between,
Which I tried to ignore to avoid a scene

I read, munched cookies, and watched the clock,
This gustly "Muslim cookie thief" diminished my stock
I was getting more irritated as the minutes ticked by,
If I wasn't so nice, I'd blacken this terrorist eye!

With each cookie I took, the terrorist took one too.
When only one was left, I wondered what she'd do.
with a smile on crook's face and a nervous laugh,
The thief took the last cookie and broke it in half.

She offered me half, and she ate the other.
I snatched it from the thief and thought, "Oh sister",
This thief has some nerve, and she's also so rude,
Why, she didn't even show any gratitude!"

I had never known when I had been so galled,
And sighed with relief when my flight was called.
I gathered my belongings and headed for the gate,
Refusing to look at the "thieving Muslim terrorist ingrate".

I boarded the plane and sank in my seat,
Then sought my book, which was almost complete.
As I reached in my baggage, I gasped with surprise.
There were my bag of cookies in front of my eyes!

"If mine are here," I moaned with despair.
"Then the others were hers and she tried to share!"
Too late to apologize, I realized with grief,
Never again will I call any Muslim a "terrorist or a thief"!!!!